Monday, April 11, 2016

Placentia Play

Mid last week Terry sent out an email to see who was interested in going to Placentia to play/practice in the current under the lift bridge caused by the dropping tide.  Myself and I believe 8 others decided to join Terry on Saturday morning for some fun.

Brian

Dean

 Tony

Cathy

Dean in front and Ron over to the left

Terry

and Gary showing us all how its done!

I got knocked over a few times so here is a few shots from one of my rolls

On my way over

Upside down

And right side up again!

As always we make time for a little snack on the beach!

I think we all had a turn trying to paddle up the current.  This was a heck of a workout because a one second pause set you back 10 feet haha.

This was a lot of fun for everyone!  I really enjoyed it because it was my first time paddling in currents like this and it was a lot of fun to practice crossing the eddy lines....and to practice rolls when I did something wrong haha.
With the great weather and all the fun we couldn't have asked for a better day!

I put together a video of the day, you can check it out here-
https://youtu.be/_rGdmDOrelc



1 comment:

  1. Three knock downs and three rolls. Awesmesauce!!!

    Tony :-)

    ReplyDelete